CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

24 October, 2011

Happenings and Friend Makin' Monday

I feel like I have so many things to write about, but not enough time to write about them all!  I do have a bunch of posts that are half-written, so I'll get them posted eventually, but it might be all old news by then! :)  So let me give you a quick run-down of what's been going on in our lives:

*Champ is growing by leaps and bounds!  I weighed him last Monday and he was 26 pounds.  I weighed him this morning and he was 30.8 pounds!  Wowza....he still has tons of energy of course!  He runs circles around our house and it's hilarious to watch.  He's pretty much housetrained (except for when new people come over and he gets excited, or when he drinks a ton and we don't let him out right away!)  I have some pictures I'll be posting at some point!

*The 7th was the last day I worked at WSCS (the men's counseling office).  For years, the 2 businesses (WSCS and EC) have shared a building.  Since both of agencies are growing, WSCS decided to find a new location.  This meant that since I worked for both agencies, I needed to travel between buildings.  Not a big deal, but still....  Well, a few weeks ago, EC asked if I would work for them full time.  I asked for some time to think about it and talk it over with Mike.  I felt like it was a big decision since when I started 2 years ago, I was working primarily for WSCS and over the past year I have transitioned to doing more for EC.  After a week of praying and talking about it, Mike and I decided it was in our best interest for me to accept the offer.  I now work Mon-Thurs all day at EC, and I have Fridays off.  So far, it's going great and I love it!

*I signed up for a 5k with a group of ladies from church on November 12th.  After not running for nearly 5 weeks, I feel like I'm completely starting over again!  I certainly have my work cut out for me over the next 3 weeks, however, I have told myself that I don't have to PR at this race!

*Mike and I went to see Courageous on Saturday.  If you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it!  It was such a great movie and we both got choked up a few times.  We have the other 3 movies from Sherwood Pictures, so we'll definitely be adding this one to our collection!

*Youth group started last month, I have an incredible group of 10th and 11th grade girls.  They love to talk, and when we can keep them on topic, they have so many great things to say.  I can't wait to see where God continues to lead us this year!

I know I can come up with more to share, but that's what my next posts are for!  Now it's time for this week's edition of Friend Makin' Monday!


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!




FMM: Recipe Exchange

Let’s share one or two of our favorite Fall recipes this week! It’s always fun to mix things up in the kitchen!


If you've taken a look at my food blog recently, you know it's full of fall inspired apple and pumpkin recipes.  I love fall baking, and I've been able to spend more time in the kitchen now since I have Fridays off!  One of my favorite recipes is this one from Mike's mom:  Ma's Apple Crisp!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you with your new full time job. You have wonderful hours! You'll do great at on the 5K. We plan to buy Courageous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from FMM. This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made apple crisp too - but mine had oatmeal in it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...