28 May, 2009
I was having a great day...spending time with my friend Heather over at Mike's house, cleaning, painting, and of course playing on the Wii. It was all well and good until the car drive home. We're driving along, on our way to Heather's house so I could drop her off. We came to an intersection and I saw a car coming straight at us. I slammed on the brakes and pulled my car to the right. But it wasn't enough, I heard a sickening crash and the next thing I knew I was in the ditch and Heather was telling me to calm down. I saw a man on his cell phone calling 911. Then there was a man at my window asking me if I was okay. It took me a few minutes to snap into action and realize what needed to be done. Heather was able to get out of my car right away, but we think I blacked out, so I sat for a while. Finally a man came and brushed the glass off of me and checked to make sure nothing was broken. He happens to be kind of a medic, who helps at the HS football games, and he lived right by where the crash happened. We were blessed he was there. The police man finally came and took our statement and then the tow truck came and pulled my car out.
The driver of the other car ran a stop sign and hit my car right on the driver side door. She walked away with few cuts but she was fine. Heather has a sore shin and hand, along with some cuts from the glass. The windows on the driver's side of my car completely shattered. I have multiple cuts from the glass, a sore wrist, and very bruised and sore left leg (I'm using crutches because I can't put weight on it). I think we will all be sore tomorrow! Heather and I were both scheduled to work tomorrow, but we both called our bosses and found replacements! Thankfully our injuries were relatively minor, the car is probably totaled, but we are okay. God sure was watching out for us!
My poor car! And I only had it for 9 months too! You can see she smucked me pretty good! The other car isn't looking so hot either!
My car went over a ditch, spun and knocked over a fence post before hitting this tall post and breaking it in two. You can see the impact marks on the back of the car. We think the back axle cracked which might explain the state of the back tire!
This is where I was sitting. You can see where the arm rest cracked in half. That is what hit my leg and threw it out of wack. I have a black and blue goose-egg on my leg. I had my purse between the door and my leg, so we think that probably saved my leg from being broken...one bad thing though, my camera is broken now :( It was in my purse and is now shattered. So thank you to Mari for taking these pictures when you arrived on scene!
This is the skid mark from where my car went. It hit the yellow gas line marker too.And my car being towed away :(
I am so thankful Heather and I are okay!
You can read Mari's account at her blog.
26 May, 2009
I had a nice surprise when I got to Mike's house on Friday. He bought me a beautiful bouquet of daisies (my favorite flower) with 1 rose in the center (1 for the year we've been together) and a really sweet card. I have the flowers sitting up on my desk in my room and they just smell wonderful!
13 May, 2009
11 May, 2009
Yuck!!! That's what you think when you look in the mirror and see an unwanted growth on your face! Well, I know that's what I think, and I've had my fair share of skin troubles... Until I found the best treatment ever (in my opinion).
I had tried everything, and I do mean everything! Products would work to clear my skin for a month or so, but then they seemed to lose their effectiveness. So back to the drawing board, I'd have to find another product. You can imagine how tiring that was!
But then I was flipping through an AVON brochure and I found Clearskin Immediate Response Spot Treatment. This stuff is amazing! I've been using it for probably at least a year now, if not too, and it has not lost its effectiveness!
It's quite simple to use. I wash my face, and then apply a thin layer of this gel to my forehead and chin. If I can feel a zit coming, I dab a bit of the gel on that spot as well. Usually the next day, the spot is a lot less noticable (if not gone!) I tell you, if you have skin problems like me, try this out, I'm sure you won't regret it!
To purchase this or any AVON product, go here.
08 May, 2009
Mari asked "What kind of a job would you love to have that uses your degree?"
Well, my degree is in Business Administration, so I can pretty much do anything that has to do with business. If I could do anything I would love to be a top editor/business person for some type of magazine. You know, the type of people you see that have to dress up real nice each day for work and that always have a million things to do each day. I would love to do something along those lines! :)
06 May, 2009
It's difficult to see due to the lighting, but Mike is the first person in the line, and I am the third person. Here we are lined up to receive our diplomas!
It's a strange feeling now to be sitting at home knowing I don't have to go back to school this week, and I don't have to spend every free minute doing homework! Now my time is being consumed with job hunting!!!
04 May, 2009
1. It's a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
2. It can be used to remove makeup.
3. Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
4. Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
5. Great massage oil for tired muscles.
6. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
7. Cleans ink off the skin.
8. Insect repellent.
9. Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin.
10. Cleans oil and grease off of skin.
11. Painting something? Use SSS to remove paint from the hands. (Instead of turpentine).
12. It soothes light sunburn.
13. Rub hands with it before washing, it helps get them cleaner.
14. Rub on dry, cracked skin.... helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
15. Put 1-2 cap fills in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling smooth.
16. Pour a little into your Foot Saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
17. It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most nonporous surfaces.
18. Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
19. SSS Original Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice!!!!! Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet, but the lice were gone!!!!!!! Of course shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out, but the lice were gone and stayed gone!
20. It kills ants instantly.
21. Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain it's elasticity.
22. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries.... Use about the size of a dime of SSS and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
23. Use bath oil towelettes -- cover windowsill with towelettes to keep ants out.
24. Sometimes, using a bath oil, like Avon's SSS, will work to loosen the glue, which holds the nits to the hair. There is a product called Neon Nits, which when sprayed on the hair, will highlight the nits so you can see them to then snip them out with a small scissors.
25. This is to let you readers known about something that helped me for a mild case of psoriasis on my elbows. My internist recommended that I try Avon's SSS bath oil spray. I did and it eliminated the psoriasis on my elbows.
26. Bath use, fill bath with water and a little SSS, very relaxing and gets rid of dry skin.
27. Sponge it around doors, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
28. It's a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
29. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
30. It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures. 31. It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
32. It's an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won't slip together.
33. It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
34. It cleans heavy oil and grease from nonporous surfaces.
35. It takes fur off of clothing.
36. Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
37. Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces.
38. Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
39. Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with SSS. They will not rebuild there.
40. Use it to clean leather; it will also keep it soft and supple.
41. Use it on your air conditioning screen (filter)--your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
42. Rub all over windowsills to keep ants out.
43. It cleans paintbrushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
44. It removes gum from carpets.
45. It removes scuffmarks from patent leather shoes.
46. Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
47. It removes "ring around the collar".
48. It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
49. Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little SSS down the sides and they'll come apart easily.
50. It removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
51. Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
52. Maggots too!! You squirt SSS in can and lid, then later flush with soapy water, you shouldn't have any bugs in cans rest of summer!!!
53. It is a great furniture polish!
54. Ok, we have a new use for SSS bath oil. Put it in one of the bottle that you attach to your backyard hose and then spray down the back yard! Will cut down on ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
55. People around the outskirts of Eureka and surrounding areas (and sometimes in town) spray it on their rose bushes to keep the deer from eating them, and at the cemeteries on the flowers they put out there for the same reason.
56. Kills spiders.
57. It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
58. Add a capful to wash water of clothes...acts as a fabric softener and keeps the bugs off clothes.
59. Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
60. Cleans baseball caps. Just spray on and rub with toothbrush.
61. SSS I used this recipe mix one part SSS and 2 parts water on my tomato plants and kept those ugly old tomato worms off. I sprayed my plants about every 2 or 3 days. Worked grand!! 62. SSS bath oil also does a great job cleaning cherry wood cabinets.
63. Put a little in your mopping water to help keep crawling bugs out. (Not too much or the floor gets slippery.)
64. Use to clean windows.
65. Removes crayon from most surfaces.
66. It's a great insect repellent
67. Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon SSS to repel no-see-'ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip though the screens.
68. Another use for SSS is it will kill those pesky earwigs. Spray it on & they don't return to life.
69. Also if you ever make candles, use clear wax and melt put SSS in it and harden works great for out side in the summer.
70. As a deodorizer, spray into air and let settle, kills those nasty pet orders.
71. Kids rooms if a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing and will give it a fresh clean smell.
72. It's a great insect repellent for your pet. (As recommended in "Outdoor Life" and "Field and Stream")
73. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don't fidget in the show ring.
74. Mix in your pet's bath water. It takes the fleas off of them...and in between sprays them with the same mixture as in #2 to help keep them off.
75. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
76. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
77. For dogs dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet's coat once per week.
78. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on SSS and then wipe off. 79. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse, rinse, rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
80. Flea Repellent: Avon's SSS Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
81. Does anyone use the Avon SSS bath oil on his or her chows? I have begun using it on Chancey and it has done wonders for her skin. Like, many chows, she has very dry and flaky skin, especially for being black. Since I started using that product, her dandruff and itchiness has improved tremendously and her hair has become shiny and smooth. It also serves as a great flea and tick protector. I use it about twice a month and I just spray it on her. I really like it.
82. I use the following on my horses and on my dogs when necessary. 1-cup Avon SSS bath oil 1-cup white vinegar 1-cup (or more) water 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away that is available in a drug store) Mix in a spray bottle. Straight SSS works well for mosquito’s too but really makes your dog greasy.
83. (Barns) Use of an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of Avon SSS in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours - let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
84. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
85. Avon's SSS bath oil massaged directly into the skin of your Rottweiler acts not only as a successful repellant and makes their dogs smell good but helps prevent drying and itchy skin. 86. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Once a bug, always a bug. Fleas don't like it either! Spread the word!
87. Cats: SSS IS SAFE FOR FUR LICKING -------The SSS plus is safe as long as it is the one without sunscreen.
88. Don't overuse the SSS. I just use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days. My cat's sensitive and we're being careful. Common sense is the rule.
USES FOR HORSES
89. SSS can be used as a hoof polish. This will put a nice shine to the hoof without drying it. The farrier's wife will appreciate this one!
90. SSS can be used as a muzzle, eye, and ear enhancer. Generally we used baby oil but it was so messy. I tried SSS and it works great and still helps keep bugs away.
91. I have a show mare that has allergies and also gets dry skin very easily so I started giving her baths in SSS. What I do is bathe her like normal and then I put a capful of SSS in a 5-gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over her. Her hair coat dries silky soft and she quits itching. Works for her.
92. The bug guard towelettes we had last summer work great on the horse’s ears and around their eyes.
93. When I have to band (braid) their manes I use the Techniques Oil Sheen. It seems to help hold the braids a lot better and they don't try to rub them out.
94. The dry end serum works great in their tails as a detangler.
95. It removes tar spots from the car without damage to the paint.
96. Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans, but also keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking.
97. After washing your car, use it as a tire dressing to keep them looking like new.
98. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car to help keep the air fresh and clean.
99. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
100. It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and nonporous surfaces (great for Mechanic's Hands).
101. It removes tree sap.
102. Prior to traveling...rub SSS on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
103. Shines vehicle tires
104. Open a towelette and use as an automotive air freshener.
(Skin-So-Soft bath oil is approved by the FDA/CDA only as a bath oil. This list of uses comes from customers. Avon does not endorse the product with these uses.)
Have you come up with an unique use for Skin So Soft? Leave a comment so the rest of us can hear about your creativity! :)
purchase this or any AVON product, please go here.