30 March, 2009
And then, I discovered Winter Soft. This lotion is amazing! It's lightly scented and is a deep soothing moisturizer. I put it on after I wash my hands and before I go to bed at night. It's not greasy, and it lasts through hand washings. It really does make my skin super soft...and I don't just use it in the winter. If you have dry skin, I definitely recommend this lotion to you!
To purchase this or any AVON product, go here.
25 March, 2009
Step 2: Fold two of the corners together to meet at the top, creating a triangle.
Step 7: Fold the bottom of your napkin up to the center to meet the other 2 folds.
23 March, 2009
I've noticed lately how many make-up and beauty products I have, and now that I'm a Certified Beauty Advisor and Avon rep, I thought it would be fun to do this. After all, what could be better to write about than something I have a ton of and a ton of knowledge about?!?!
I thought I'd let you take a glimpse into my beauty stash...and maybe get an idea of some of the products I'll be talking about!
I have an entire dresser drawer of all kinds of make-up!
And now my first featured product!!!
This is one of the most recent products I've added to my collection. Cosmetologists recommend that you replace your mascara every three months. That is about how long mine lasts anyway. I had just finished my other tube, and I decided to try something new. It's Avon's newest mascara...Spectra Lash. It's really neat! It has a dial and you can choose 1, 2, or 3. 1 is full, 2 is fuller, and 3 is fullest! It's really handy how I can customize my own look!
To purchase featured AVON products, please go here.
22 March, 2009
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) endangers women and silences the voices of everyday Americans.
President Barack Obama has promised Planned Parenthood that one of his top priorities as President will be to sign the "Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA) into law.
FOCA would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.
*FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial-birth abortion, and on all other protections.
*FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
*FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilites to perform abortions.
Barack Obama believes this legislation will "end the culture wars". Tho him, "ending the culture wars" means eradicating every state and federal law on abortion-laws the majority of Americans support.
You can help stop FOCA. Visit www.FightFOCA.com and join the 692,651 (that was me!!) people who have signed the online Fight FOCA petition so far.
20 March, 2009
15 March, 2009
12 March, 2009
Our very first picture together
Hagar Park this summer
On top of the world!!! Silver Lake Sand Dunes
So Mike...thank you for such an amazing year with you! You are such an incredible guy and I love you so much! I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!
10 March, 2009
03 March, 2009
I saw this 100 things survey on Tori's site, so I thought that I would do it as well, some of the questions are kinda wierd, but that's what happens when it's from Facebook!
1. Last beverage→ water
2. Last phone call→ my boss
3. Last text message→ Kaylyn
4. Last song you listened to→ 1, 2, 3, 4
5. Last time you cried→ I don't remember
SIX HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Dated someone twice? nope
2. Been cheated on? nope
3. Kissed someone and regretted it? nope
4. Lost someone special? yes
5. Been depressed? nope
6. Been drunk and threw up? nope
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
1. Made new friends → of course :)
2. Fallen out of love → nope
3. Laughed until you cried → all the time!!
4. Met someone who changed you → yes
5. Found out whom your true friends were → yes
6. Found out someone was talking about you→ yeah
7. Kissed anyone on your friend's list→ yeah
8. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life?: all of them
9. How many kids do you want to have→ 2 or 3
10. Do you have any pets → a dog, Tucker
11. Ever been on an airplane?: yeah...a lot of times actually
12. What did you do for your last birthday→ went to church and then time with Mike and my family
13. What time did you wake up today → 8:54
14. What were you doing at midnight last night → sleeping
15. Name something you CANNOT wait for → warm weather and sunshine!!
17. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life → nothing really
18. What are you listening to right now → the television
19. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom → yep
20. Have you ever driven a car? u yeah....every day
21. Have you ever gone to Starbucks?: yes
22. Would you rather read or watch t.v.?: it depends on what's on and who I am with
23. What's getting on your nerves right now?→ nothing
24. Most visited webpage → hotmail, facebook, myavon
1. What's your name→ Melissa Jane Maynard
2. Nicknames→ Melissa, Peaches
3. Relationship Status → in an amazing relationship
4. Zodiac sign: capricorn
5. Male or female→female
6. Elementary → Allendale Elementary
7. Middle School → Allendale Middle
8. High school→ Allendale High
9. Eye color: blue
10. Hair color → blonde
11. Long or short hair: shoulder length
12. Height?: 5 feet 7 inches
13. Shoe size?: 9
14. Favorite fruit?: any fruit is my favorite
15. Summer or winter?: SUMMER
16. Favorite vacation?: Cedar Point
17. Do you have a crush on someone?: can I have a crush on Mike? :P
18. What don't you like about yourself? → nothing really
19. Piercings → 5
20. Tattoos → 0
21. Righty or lefty → Righty
22. First surgery → never
23. First piercing → ears...when I turned 12
24. First best friends: Joy
25. First house location: Mescalero, NM
26. First sport you joined → soccer
27. First pet→ dog
28. First vacation → I think Canada
29. First concert → Jackie Valesquez
30. First sleepover: probably with Joy
31. First Job: babysitting
49. Eating → nothing, but dreaming about the chocolate cake I'll eat in a few minutes
50. Drinking → water
51. Wearing → blue jeans. green long-sleeved shirt
52. I'm about to: go make a 5 minute mug cake
53. Listening to → the television
55. Waiting for → tomorrow
56. Thinking → about cake (do you see the pattern here?? lol!)
57. Want to live → in Michigan
58. Want kids → definitely
59. Want to get married → YES!!!
60. Careers in mind → receptionist, massage therapist, bed and breakfast owner, hotel manager
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
68. Lips or eyes → eyes
69. Hugs or kisses → both, it depends on the moment
70. Shorter or taller → taller
71. Older or Younger → older
72. Romantic or spontaneous → both
73. Good body or good personality→ both, but I think personality is more important
74. Sensitive or loud → sensitive
75. Hook-up or relationship → relationship
76. Humorous or serious → Both...has to know what's appropriate for the moment
77. Trouble maker or hesitant→ also both :)
HAVE YOU EVER :
78. Kissed a stranger → uhhh no
79. Drank hard liquor → nope
80. Lost glasses/contacts → yes
81. Went on a date → yes :)
82. Broken someone's heart → i hope not
83. Had your own heartbroken → nope
84. Wanted someone you know you can't have → nope
85. Been arrested → nope
86. Turned someone down → yes
87. Cried when someone died → yes
88. Liked a friend that is the same sex? → uh. no.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
89. Yourself → usually
90. Miracles → YES
91. Love at first sight → that's a tricky one...yes and no
92. Heaven → YES
93. Santa Clause → no
94. God → YES
95. Kiss on the first date? → nope
96. Angels → yes
98. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? nope
99. Done something you regret? no regrets. just life lessons :)
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? i guess so
Whew! That was long...and probably a bit boring...and a little juvenile...and I have no clue what's up with the funky numbering.
If anyone has any suggestions for posts or things you want my opinion on...let me know! (Then at least you'll hear from me! lol)