CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

07 September, 2011

So excited!

This morning I set out on a run with the intention of running about 4 miles. I had my route mapped out and knew my pace and how long it would take (gotta leave time to shower and get ready for work!) Well, on the way back home, my legs felt great and I felt like I could just keep going.  And so I did!  I have a tendency to quit when I hit my "goal", and call it good.  Today I decided to keep going and just listen to my body.  So I did and I ended up running:

Actually a little more, I quit at 6.31 miles!  Running longer meant I had a lot less time to shower and get ready for work this morning, but it sure was worth it!

On a side note...I had exactly 33 minutes to shower, dry and straighten my hair, get dressed, and put make-up on before running out the door to work. I made it--I think that's another record!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Melissa! I don't forsee me ever doing that, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, maybe someday, I will get back into running. I don't think I'll ever go that far...especially if I don't get started! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...