CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12 March, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday: Bookworms

Ahh...Monday already. Did you miss out on your hour of sleep this weekend?  Mike and I didn't...I set my alarm on my phone to wake us up at 8:30 (new time), so we'd have plenty of time to get ready for church.  We typically are awake by 8:30 but I figured with the time change we might need the alarm.  Well, I woke up at 8:20, according to Mike's alarm clock and I had to think twice.  I checked my phone, and it also said 8:20, so I asked Mike if he had already changed his alarm clock.  He hadn't, so I got a little confused.  After resetting my phone, it turned out that my phone never skipped the hour, so it was actually 9:20.  We jumped out of bed and began getting ready...we did still make it to church on time!

In other news, it was exactly 4 years ago today, March 12 (2008) that Mike asked me to be his girlfriend.  I'm so glad I said yes :)  Look at where God's brought us so far!

And now, on to Friend Makin' Mondays.  I am really diggin' the new design Kenlie made!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section  at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Bookworms (Revisited)

  1. How often do you read for pleasure?  I don't have a whole lot of time to read, so when I get a chance to, I'm always reading for pleasure!  I love to read, I just wish I had more time to do it!  Anyone wanna come clean my house for me?
  2. Are you currently reading a book? If so, which one? I just finished reading The Help on Friday.  It was awesome, and now I can watch the movie!  I think the next book I'll read is the first of the Hunger Games.
  3. Do you subscribe to any magazines and/or newspapers? If so, which ones? I do subscribe to magazines and the local newspaper.  I think I probably get 5 or 6 magazines a month including Shape, Fitness, Taste of Home, and Glamour.
  4. Do you prefer reading traditional books or using an e-reader?  I think they both have their appeal.  Mike got me a Nook for Christmas so I'm just getting used to reading on it.  I think it will be super convenient for travelling.  But, there's also just something special about having a traditional book to flip through!
  5. How often do you go to the bookstore?  Almost never!
  6. Do you read at the gym? No.  I don't think you get as good of a workout if you're distracted by a book.  Besides, I can't read while running because I bounce too much.  I listen to music instead.
  7. Have you ever been a member of a book club?  Nope.
  8. Do you wear glasses when you read? I wear contacts all day, so I guess yes.
  9. Has anyone read the Hunger Games? If so, would you recommend it?  See #2 :)
  10. What is your favorite thing about reading?  I love the feeling of being involved in the lives of the characters.  I feel like I know them and they're my friends!
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Heehee, my answer for #1 was that my house ~doesn't~ get cleaned because I'm engrossed in a book!

    Stopping in from FMM - Hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...