CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

17 March, 2012

Mind Games

I ran approximately 4.7 miles yesterday.  I realized it was a run of mind-over-matter.  The first 3/4 of a mile went great, I was keeping a good pace and felt good.  Then I got hit with bad stomach pains, it wasn't like cramps, just pain.  I'm assuming my breakfast just didn't sit well with me.  I pushed on, but I know my pace drastically slowed.  After another 1/2 mile, I knew I needed to stop.  I stopped on a bridge and waited for the pain to go away, it slowly did and so I walked for a little while.  I felt good enough to run again, but my mind just wasn't in the game.  My goal when I left my house was 5 miles, so I really wanted to hit that, but I just wasn't feeling it anymore.  I ended up running most of the way home, but it was one of those runs where I'd tell myself that I'd run to the next tree and then walk.  Then I'd walk to a mailbox and run to the next tree, or something like that.  I had to find some way to keep on going!  I did make it home and was feeling pretty good by time I ran up our driveway.  After I got home I realized how much of a mind game this run was, my legs felt great, I probably could have kept going, but my mind just wasn't in the game.  I know everyone has bad run days, so I'm hoping that my next run on Monday is much better.

I still haven't picked a half marathon, but I'm thinking I might do one in September.  It's local, so I wouldn't have to travel a couple of hours and stay in a hotel for it.  I'm positive I'll be ready after 6 more months of training, but I am actually thinking that's too far away.  Hmmmm.....

This week's Bootcamp workouts were awesome!  I can tell that I'm improving and doing better on the workouts than I did last week, so I love that aspect.  I've adjusted the workouts to fit my training schedule: Mondays I run, Tuesdays I do Workout A, Wednesdays I do spin class and speed work, Thursdays is Workout B, Fridays is my long run, and Saturdays I do Workout C.  It feels good to have a great plan in place.  Monday begins week 3 of Bootcamp, and that means new workouts begin.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Tina has planned for us!

1 comment:

  1. Those runs are so tough! But good for you for pushing yourself and making it all the way (you can totally round up to 5 miles!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...