CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

06 March, 2012

Bootcamp

I did something big the other day...I signed up for bootcamp! 

Ok, wait, before you start freaking out, not the bootcamp you're probably thinking of.  I'm not joining the military (though it was considered in high school!)  I'm doing bootcamp with a group of awesome bloggers!

One of my favorite fitness bloggers, Tina, has put together an incredible program to help people acheive their workout goals.  It's very similar to the Accountability Adventure I've done a few times with the ladies at church.  Tina has spent a ton of time creating workouts for us, and now it's up to us to follow through.

Bootcamp runs for 8 weeks, and it started yesterday.  It's perfect timing for me, because it will end right before Mike and I leave for vacation.  Hopefully I'll be in awesome shape by then.  (Don't get me wrong--I do like how I look, but I'd love to be more toned!)

Each week will consist of 3 workouts that Tina put together.  We'll also have cardio days as well as a rest day.  This is awesome for me, because I can continue to train for a half-marathon while participating.  (My training has been slacking lately as I've been sick and still car-less so I can't get to the gym!)  We also have 2 individual goals that we will work toward over the course of the bootcamp.  My goals are to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day and to take a daily multivitamin.

I did my first workout routine yesterday morning, and I can definitely feel it in my legs.  I'm already in good shape (probably the best shape/fitness level of my life), but I know there's so much room for improvement.  If I'm feeling a workout, I know it's working muscles I may have ignored for a while, and so for me the pain is awesome. 

Over 300 other bloggers are participating and the amount of support is just incredible! I'll definitely keep you updated on my progress and how the workouts are going over the next 8 weeks.

What have you done for your health today?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good 1st day at boot camp! I sure did. I look forward to keeping up with you during the next 8 weeks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...