CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

28 August, 2008

Baking day!!!

Today I had nothing to do. Mike had to work, other people are in school....I was on my own. So what did I do? Fired up the oven and got busy!!! I decided today that I was going to make things that I had never made before. It was so much fun to experiment and try new recipes. I didn't take pictures today, because I was so busy with all the recipes today, but I thought I would link to the recipes that I made today.

First I made a peach cobbler. My dad told me that I should because we had peaches that needed eating. We only had 2 that were usuable, so I cut them really small and it worked, though I would have liked to have had more. I made up this recipe, so I posted it on my blog.

I made Fig's Cheese Muffins. Oh my goodness! These muffins are amazing! I couldn't resist, so I ate my first one just minutes after I pulled them out of the oven. The cheese was all melty and so absolutely delicious!!! Seriously, go make these now!!!

I also made Ree's Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. I actually haven't cut into it yet, but I have sampled the frosting. And if that's any indication of what the cake is like....wow! I better get to the kitchen and cut myself a big piece!!

Then I made Nicole's Zebra Cake. The first time I saw this cake on her blog, I couldn't figure out how the stripes were made. So I decided that I would just have to try it myself and figure this out. It was well worth it. The cake is delicious. Some people commented that the almond flavoring was too strong. She has 1/8tsp in the recipe, but I put in 1/4 tsp (because that's how her original recipe read) but I think it could actually use more! Another comment people made was that the cake was kind of plain, because if you put frosting on it, the design would be covered up. So....I made an icing for the cake. I mixed together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and just enough milk to make a runny icing. Then after the cake had cooled for a minute, I poured the icing over it. The cake absorbed the icing and gave it the sweet kick it needed.

Finally, I made blueberry bread. This also was a recipe I kind of modified. I took the basic recipe for blueberry muffins, threw in an extra egg and poured it into a bread pan and called it good. I'll put this one up on my recipe blog too.

All and all, it was a pretty productive day. And now we finally have yummy things to eat in the house!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Everyone should be happy over there - you did good. I actually printed out the recipe for the muffins earlier this week. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a productive day. I dont think I would be able to do pt after eating that stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you never fail to impress me with all your baking Melissa! Mike is a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...