CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

14 November, 2008

I've learned a lot, and I'm still learning.

In my last post, I asked you to tell me how you would define love...these are the answers I recieved...

Jennifer-It has to be a choice. If it is based all on feelings it won't survive. That is kinda what the movie talked about also. Put the actions in place and your heart will follow. Smiles!

Kim- Love is a decision you make! When you first meet "the one" there is alot of emotion and electricity. In the everyday life that electricity fades, and regularity comes in. When you choose to continue to love someone, you are willing to work at it, to talk it out, to give of yourself, to put them first (after God of course). When you love like that your love grows deeper and more meaningful then that first initial passionate love! It's better!

I couldn't agree more with what both of my friends said. In the past 8 months, I've learned a lot about love. I have learned that it is not always easy, but it is worth it. And love doesn't have to be perfect. People are not perfect, so only God's love can be perfect. People are normal and they get upset with each other and annoyed over little things. But I've found that that can only make love grow stronger. Love is unconditional. Nothing you do should cause a person to just stop loving you, if they love you in the first place. I've learned that there has to be more than just physical attraction, it's an emotional attraction. When you're best friends with the person you love and you can connect on that level. I've learned a lot about love, and I know I have a long ways to go, God's not finished with me yet!!

1 comment:

  1. Very good Melissa! I'll tell you that your love changes! It's better, but different! All I can add is that when you truly love and are loved there is nothing better! I cherish Steve, and I am so glad that God brought us together! He knew exactly what I needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...