CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

05 June, 2009

I'm still here!

Last Friday, I was still in a lot of pain from the accident. Mom insisted that I go into the urgent care center, so when she got home from work, off we went. When we left there, I had a diagnosis of: badly sprained wrist (at first they thought I might have had a compound fracture), sprained back, and hip contusion (fancy name for bruise). The doctor also prescribed Vicodin and Neproxen which have helped a bit. Thankfully I had nothing broken, but my leg sure felt like something more than a bruise had happened! I tried using crutches around the house because I was in so much pain when I walked, but that caused problems with my wrist, so I ended up just hobbling along.

I was supposed to work Friday morning, but I called in Thursday night and someone covered my shift. I wanted to go in on Saturday but the doctor told me I couldn't work again until Monday at the earliest. I did go to work again on Tuesday, it went well but I was quite tired when I got home.

Sunday night, Mike and his family got home. They had been on vacation for the past week. It was really good to see him again after a week of being apart. And, I think he was real ready to see me and see for himself that I was okay!

So now it's been over a week since the accident. I wasn't scared to drive the day after when we picked up my rental car. I have noticed that I tend to hold my breath when I get by 2 way stops. Especially if the driver of the other car happens to be one who flies past the stop sign and comes to a screeching halt right at the corner, rather than at the stop sign. That happened last night on my way home. But other than that...

I was fortunate enough to have full coverage insurance, so now I'm just waiting for the check to arrive. It should come today. I have been looking around online for a new (used) car, and later this afternoon my dad and I are going out to look in the Holland area.

I do have a few more posts coming. I did some work around Mike's house and so I will post a before and after picture. I have the before ones already, but since I no longer have a working camera (it broke in the crash), I'm going to have to have Mike take the after ones for me. So stay tuned for those sometime next week...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're still sore and achy. You lucky to be alive! Hang in there...things WILL get better and you'll be back to exercising again soon. We don't have a Wii, but I sure would love one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what was happening about getting a car. Heather is still pretty sore too, and discovering bruises in strange places! She said she gets really tired too - funny how the body works while healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...