CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

16 July, 2010

For Love...or Money?

In the past 2 days, this topic has come up twice and I just couldn't believe it.

I was watching a tv show yesterday in which the a woman found out that her dad had paid her ex-boyfriend $10,000 to dump her and never see her again. He did it and she never knew why he had dumped her.

Then today, I was driving home and on the radio the DJ was talking about a letter he received from a woman stating that her future mother-in-law offered her $25,000 to leave her fiance and never contact him again.

Now, as someone who is literally counting down the days to her wedding (85 days to go!), I just can't imagine those situations. For someone to even consider taking money and leaving someone they love just blows my mind! I asked Mike yesterday (jokingly because I knew the answer) what he would do if someone offered him $10,000 to leave me. His words were, "I wouldn't take it. I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world." (Yep, that's my man!) And I feel the exact way about him.

I guess the way I see it is that if you would even consider taking money in exchange for someone you love, then you must not really love them in the first place. And if you don't love them, you certainly should not be preparing to marry them.

I'm in love with my future-husband, and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the whole world!

(Thanks for bearing with me on my media-driven tirade!)

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe anyone would be in that situation, and you are right - if they are tempted to take the money, you really don't love the person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...