CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

14 May, 2011

Babies!!!

At work on Monday, I noticed that our mama bird was acting kind of strange.  It was a busy workday so I didn't pay much attention to her. Then on Tuesday, she happened to move a little bit and I caught a glimpse of some little bitty babies!  They were about the size of a half-dollar on Tuesday, so we're guessing they hatched already on Monday. It wasn't until Wednesday that she actually got off the nest enough for me to snap a few pictures of these adorable babies!

We have had so much fun watching these babies.  I can't believe how quickly they have grown already.  Really, every day they are significantly larger. What surprises me most is that the mama bird sits on her babies all day.  You would think that she would suffocate them, but I think she is keeping them warm.  The first day or two she didn't feed them and she never left the nest.  But later in the week I saw her feeding the babies, it was really fascinating, I'll post some pictures later!

It's so interesting how the birds know exactly what to do for the babies.  As humans, we are usually taught how to care for our babies, but these birds instinctively know what to do.  It really shows how God plans everything, even down to having birds know how to care for their young!

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool! How fun to watch them hatch and grow. I liked your thought of how this shows God's plan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year we had a dove who build her nest right above our breeze way door. She was also very caring for her young. God does amazing things in nature for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way we can see God in nature. Enjoy watching those little ones grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It's got to be nice to watch them every day.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...