CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

01 August, 2011

A Taste of GR

Last week Mike and I went to a foodie's paradise!  A nearby town holds a 2 day event called Taste of Grand Rapids. It features local restaurants in sample-sized portions.  You buy tickets from a main booth and then each vendor has their products for certain tickets so you don't have to deal with money.  The food was fantastic and we were able to try food from new restaurants!

Not pictured:  We had a chicken empanada from Cafe San Juan...it was so good!  I didn't have time to take a picture before we ate it all! I definitely want to go there for dinner some time!

Our next stop was at the booth for Chez Olga.  I was really excited to see that they had a booth because I just got a gift certificate from groupon so we'll be eating there soon.  The food did not disappoint!  We had jerk chicken with red beans and rice.  It reminded me of our honeymoon!
Here's how the venue was set up...Booths around the edges, tables in the middle, and a big stage with live music in front.
For dessert we went to Grand Traverse Pie Company's booth.  I got a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie.  It was the best I've ever had!
Mike got his favorite--apple pie a la mode.  He said it was delicious!
My new favorite blogger, Janae, always shows amazing pictures of her frozen yogurt.  So for the past month I have been craving fro-yo, but I didn't know of anywhere around here that I could get it!  Then my brother-in-law told me about a place downtown Holland so after Taste of GR we headed there.  I got a combo red raspberry and vanilla topped with heath bars, brownie pieces and strawberries.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun thing to do! You are making me hungry now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...