CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11 January, 2012

My Heart

Will beat 110,972 times, pump 1,628 gallons of blood, and push that blood nearly 10,311 miles throughout my body!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com
Created by MyFitnessPal.com
I calculated this by entering my personal info (height, weight, and exercise) into a calculator.  Give it a try!

Today, my heart will pump around 1,628 gallons (6,154 liters) of blood

In my lifetime, my heart will pump 1.2 million barrels of blood
(that's the equivalent of 3 supertankers)

My body contains about 2 gallons (7 liters) of blood

This blood circulates through my body 3 times a minute

My blood travels around 10,311 miles a day (16,590 km)
(roughly halfway around the circumference of the earth)

If I make a fist with my hand, my heart is about this size
(A whale's heart is roughly 400 times this size)

My entire cardiovascular system, if laid from end to end, is over 38,667 miles (62,215 km) long!
(that's long enough to wrap around the world more than twice)

My heart beats approximately 110,972 times a day
(by the time I die, my heart will have beat more than 2.5 billion times)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...