CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

07 April, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

...make lemonade!  Right?

I found out last week that one of my favorite summer restaurants won't be open this summer.  It's become a tradition that Mike and I visit his mom on the beach every summer and we always go to Pronto Pups for a Pronto Pup and fried dill pickles.  Mike's mom posted on Facebook about the situation, and so many people commented how disappointed they were that they couldn't get Pronto Pups or pickles there anymore.

Mike and I were among the disappointed.  We moped around for a few days (lol) and then I got busy.  I figured that if we couldn't buy our fried dill pickles, I'd just have to make them!  I came up with a really good recipe, we were both quite pleased with it!

You can click on the picture to get the recipe!
Next recipe to remake...Pronto Pups!

3 comments:

  1. You can still get pronto pups in Grand haven but no fried pickles. Just drinks and pronto pups. Been there for years and does a super business every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you resourceful. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melissa. I copied your recipe and plan to try them. I will have to use something other than flour and bread but I think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...