CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

31 January, 2011

As White As Snow

Driving home from work the other day, I noticed the dirty brown/grey snow piled up along the side of the road. It made me think of how snow is like our lives.

The Bible says "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." (Isaiah 1:18)

God sends the snow to cover up the ugliness of the dead grass. It falls white and beautiful, like a new beginning. But then along comes the snow plow and mixes the white snow with sand, salt, and other dirt, destroying its beauty. So God sends another snow fall, covering up the ugliness and replacing it with beauty again. And so the cycle continues.

The same is true in our lives. We were given a fresh start when Jesus died for us, but along comes sin and time and time again, we mess it up! But God, in his grace, forgives us and washes our slate clean once again. Lucky for us, this isn't just true during winter, but each and every day of our lives!

Praise God for his grace and forgiveness!



5 comments:

  1. Great Correlation~~~ I like to think of God as a God of reversals. He gives us chance after chance to repent become white as snow through His Son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great analogy! I'll remember that when I see the snow on the side of the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that verse in Isaiah 1:18.
    Good analogy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...