CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

13 January, 2011

Ice Sculptures

Mike and I got together with some friends on Saturday afternoon and we decided to head downtown Holland to get coffee (or in Mike's and my case, a steamer!) Traffic was bumper to bumper and we couldn't figure out why. Once we finally found a parking spot and walked downtown, we realized that the collegiate ice carving competition was going on. What a neat surprise! We got our drinks and walked around admiring the artist's creations.
The artists used power tools like saws, and chisels to shape the ice. We got to see quite a few people at work, as well as many finished products.

A swordfish
A hummingbird
This one's a little harder to see, but it's a fish swimming above a sea-shell.
An iguana

1 comment:

  1. Those are so great! Since you are in the mood for ice sculptures, Google Ice Festival and China in Images. Maybe you already saw them in the news. They put colored lights on everything. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...