CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10 September, 2008

Splash!

Tonight was the first night of middle school youth group! It was a lot of fun to see "my girls" again after not seeing most of them for the whole summer.

After we sang some songs...well, most of us sang, it seems my girls had too much catching up to do since they last saw eachother (3 hours before at school), that they had to talk instead of sing! Anyway, Brandon told us to hug at least 3 people around us and tell them how much we missed them. I was practically attacked by some of my girls and one of them almost picked me up!

Brandon had a lot of announcements tonight, with it being the first night and all. We have Johnny's Drive In next week. (Wednesday the 17th, from 5-6, come to Lighthouse to experience an 50's style car hop!!) Then the following week is See You At The Pole. Then in October, we have the 30 Hour Famine. It should be a very exciting year!

We broke off into our small groups. I had forgotten how hard it is to control 9 7th grade chatterbox girls!! I don't have a partner yet for this year, but I'm pretty sure I can handle these girls on my own, it just takes a while. We had some fun catching up on everything we missed over the summer. I think the girls have grown up a bit over the past few months, for one thing, they're not totally crazy about the Jonas Brothers anymore!!! We tried to set some ground rules, basically about respecting someone when they are talking and not carrying on your own conversation. Brandon already talked to them about talking and goofing off during praise time so we discussed that too. We had a good discussion and I hope that they will improve in that area next week.

We are using new curriculum this year. I really like how it is formatted and it's easy for me as a leader to lead and the girls to follow along and participate. I'm really excited about using it. I can't wait to see where this year goes!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good year. I'm interested in the new curriculum and how it works. Thanks for being a leader again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Although, my girls didn't seem as "out of control" as in years past! Must be the age ;). I really like the new curriculum too! It's great to be back.
    ~Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. we were chatter boxes, weren't we.......
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...