CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

13 February, 2011

Valentine's Day!

February 14.  Valentine's Day.  A day where people everywhere celebrate their love for each other.  I love my husband with all my heart, and he knows it.  We'll definitely be celebrating Valentine's Day (we're not sure when yet since he's working 3rd shifts on Mondays), but we don't just show our love on Valentine's Day, it's an every day occurrence for us.  I came across this really neat list of 101 ways to tell your husband, "I love you".  I went through and selected some ways that I know would show Mike I love him, some I already do, and some that I'll start working on.  How about you, how do you show your spouse you love them?


TEXT HIM A LOVE MESSAGE Send him a romantic text message on his cell. Make sure it's sweet but spicy!


DO ONE OF HIS CHORES FOR HIM Pick a chore that he dreads, such as mowing the lawn, and do it for him. Watch him as he sighs with relief.


SHOW APPRECIATION When your husband works hard, or does something for you, let him know you appreciate him.


LAUGH AT HIS ANTICS Don't let the little things that your husband does get on your nerves. If you think about it, some of these things may have been what attracted you to him! He just wouldn't be the same if he didn't do these things.


PRAY FOR HIM Ask God to give him that extra boost to make everything OK. Let your husband hear you pray too. This will let him know that when you can't make it right, you'll ask someone who can.


DON'T EXPECT HIM TO READ YOUR MIND If there is something you want your husband to know about you, tell him. Don't expect him to just know what you're thinking or what you need.


SAY, "I'M SORRY" Although you may not want to admit it, there will be times when you're in the wrong. Maybe you've said something hurtful or done something insensitive. Never have too much pride to tell him you're sorry.


BRAG ON HIM IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS Men naturally rely on boost in their ego now and then in order to stay confident. Let him hear you tell others about the great things he says and does.


WORSHIP TOGETHER The couple who prays together, stays together. These will be very tender and special moments shared between the two of you, as well as important.


DEFEND HIM Don't let others disrespect your husband. Even just a snide comment can hurt. Stick up for him. Don't let someone drive into the ground the most important person in your life.


BE HIS BEST FRIEND Let him feel confident that you'll always be there when needs to talk, to laugh, or even cry. Let him be free to be himself at all times and stick with him through the thick and thin.


EAT AN ICE CREAM CONE TOGETHER Buy one, large cone, and eat it together at the same time. You may miss the cone, and touch his lips, which will even be sweeter!


SEEK HIS ADVICE Ask for your husband's input and advice on anything from children to what he might like to eat. This will let him know he's needed and that his thoughts are important.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great list! I don't do to well on the not expecting him to read my mind. After almost 30 years he still can't do that and sometimes I expect him to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could practice this list. For some reason God doesn't want to place Mr. Right in my life. Patience has been practiced and sometimes failed. :o( Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of us are doing better and better on this list, but after 40 years, we should have had a lot of practice. The first one we do not do but I guess that is okay since we don't have one of those things. =)

    Hope you come up with having a lovely Valentine's celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...