CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

22 February, 2008

30 Hour Famine

Last night, Tori, Anna, and I went out to Carino's for dinner. It was delicious! We started with bread and I had a salad with my meal. The girls ordered a pizza. They were whispering behind the menus about what to order and were trying to freak me out by faking that they were ordering $23 meals :) I had chicken alfredo. Then Jennifer gave us 2 coupons for free desserts, so we had Turtle Cheesecake and Apple Spunetelli (or something like that). It was sooooo good! We had a really good time. I think that Tori is going to tell you more, especially about my blonde moment, so go check out her site!

Today is the first day of 30 Hour Famine. I haven't eaten anything for the past 2 hours and 33 minutes. If you know me, that's quite an accomplishment! It's driving me crazy sitting around home on my computer and stuff and not being able to munch on anything! But it's for a good cause, so I'll survive :) Tonight at 6, I'll be heading to church for the next 24 hours. We'll be doing some midnight bowling, sports tournaments, board games, sledding, and a bunch of other fun stuff. I'm really looking forward to it. And I've been warned not to plan on getting any sleep. Lots of energy drinks right? :) So yeah, it should be really fun, I'm looking forward to it. Your prayers would be appreciated as last I heard we're going to have about 150 students, and I don't know how many adults are doing it. So a good mix of fun and staying safe are big issues :)

4 comments:

  1. When I was a leader and we did this, sleep was a rarity! Hope you have fun and collect lots for world hunger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is now a bad time to tell you that I won't be there until tomorrow at noon? I didn't realize that it was Mark's last Saturday off and he wasn't to happy about spending it alone. I am leaving the suburban at church for Brandon to drive but Brandon thought he had enough leaders. I know you will all have a SUPER time. Just consider me the back up for when y'all are to tired to cope with the kids anymore. Fresh help.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought you should know that energy drinks aren't allowed... so we will just make you hyper in other ways! Maybe, if we can... thanks for yesterday and I will try to bring my pictures tonight if I remember, but I have a band concert at 6:30, so I will be late. Hmmm.... I think that's all.

    { Peace out homie g }

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time Melissa! I hope the teens are calmer because of hunger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...