CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

19 December, 2007

Bine ati venit! Welkom! Bienvenidos! Welcome!



Welcome to my house! It's cold outside, so c'mon in and warm up!









We have some cute snowmen to welcome you to our home. The big one says "come on it, it's cold outside!"











If you go up those stairs to visit me, you'd be greeted by this wooden Christmas tree. I made it for my mom a few years ago.









Then let's head back downstairs to the living room. Here you get the full extent of my family's decorating!







We display all of our Christmas cards here. After Christmas, we put all the cards in a basket, and after dinner, we choose a card and pray for that family.











This is "my" part. I bought this house for my mom last year or the year before, and it's my favorite thing to set up each year.







We are very big into the St. Nicholas Villages. Here you can see just a sampling of the houses we have set up on top of our cabinets in the kitchen.





Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the virtual tour of my house!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. It looks really nice. I like the tree you made and your villages. I really like the idea of praying for different people by picking a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats- that Mari beat me and she copied my comment!
    I love the idea of picking the cards and praying for people too!
    Love your villages- I have mine above my cupboards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, Thanks for taking us on a tour of your house. I don't know what those words say on your post. I hope you are not swearing!! Ha! Ha! (Just kidding!)

    What big village houses you have above the kitchen cabinets! They are HUGE and so pretty! I bet they are BEAUTIFUL when lit up too! I also like the one you bought with the carolers and skaters. Are they animated?

    You are a crafty little gal! Nice tree you made for your mom.

    I am so glad that you didn't let that dear out the door. He looks just right, where you have him!

    It is really wonderful that your family prays for the people who sent you cards. That is a fantastic idea!

    Sorry I didn't decorate this year except for the hutch. I will send you the URL of last year's decorations. I did the BooMama thing last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find your email address so I will put my 2006 Christmas Tour URL here

    http://cherdecor2.blogspot.com/2006/12/cherdecors-christmas-open-house.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason it won't copy the entire URL so I will type it.

    http://cherdecor2.blogspot.com/
    2006/12/cherdecors-christmas-
    open-house.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! Love the village and the praying idea. We just may have to start that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole house looks beautiful Melissa! I love that little tree you made your Mom. And I agree - that idea of praying for the families is great! I'll remember that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...