CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

04 December, 2007

Going to class literally "pays" off... :)

"Put more trust in nobility of character than in an oath.” –Solon

“You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.” –Frank Crane

Remember those two quotes...they were worth $20 to me!!!
Each week in my Hospitality Managment class, we have to write a paper for the "word of the week". This week's word was Trust. We have to define it, find 2-3 quotes about it, and write a personal anecdote related to our work about the word. Yesterday, our paper was due. I almost skipped the class, because we never do anything on Monday's but I've only skipped one class before (a whole 'nother story!), and didn't really want to make it 2. So off I went. Then Mr. Hogan told us he was going to bring the papers home and look over them and whoever had the best quote, he would bring in a prize for that person. So at the end of class today, he read the quotes from his favorite 2 papers (he couldn't choose a top one, so he chose between 2) and the quotes sounded familiar! Then he said it was mine! My prize was $20 worth of gift certificates to Carino's Italian Grill!! Now I just have to find the time to go...

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that's great! Those are good quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Melissa, you were BLESSED! Good going GIRL! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you glad you went to class? I never knew that they paid you! ENJOY your free food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! If you can't find a time to use that you just send it over here - that's my favorite restaurant! I bet you were so glad you went!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! Leave me a comment so I can read your thoughts on my thoughts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...